Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My scrap-space...or loft office

I've met the first challenge of the TwoPeas Organization Thread
and completed a two page layout of photos from last Christmas. It's
not much like what I usually do but it's done...and I hope it's not too
cluttered and busy; the title is "A MESS of presents", so I guess that
goes along with the busy-ness of the layout:


I also decided to show a couple of photos of my "in progress" scrap-space
or loft office. I share the space and desk with my husband; it is really 
hard for me not to let my supplies creep onto his part of the desk:
The tabletop is walnut; but there is an inlaid glass topper to protect it and
makes it easy to clean. From this vantage point you can see my baker's rack,
where I have accordion folders holding some of my patterned paper collections,
photos waiting to be scrapped, my printer, etc.

 I recently purchased this two-level basket-type thingie to hold my most used
tools and supplies but I haven't quite figured out what I'm gonna put in there
yet! I am realising that this drawer right in front of my chair is probably not
the best place for those frequently used items! A mason jar holds pens, glue pens,
scissors, etc.

My side of the desk also has three drawers; the bottom is a legal sized file
folder draw and has my page kits (premade and self-made), embellishments
like stickers and rubons (separated by theme), and some more patterned paper
(again, separated by theme or color or manufacturer...it just depends!) The drawer above this one has two tackle boxes which hold Copic markers, buttons, embroidery
floss for stitching on my layouts, metals, etc. When I am in need of additional desk space I can push those boxes together, lay a piece of chipboard on top and use that
as more desk space! The top drawer right now is empty, waiting for something to
need it's space.



The final photo I share today is my cube storage system, which sits on my counter.
It houses things like ribbon in mason jars, cricut carts, ink/mists/paints, cardstock,
punches. (It also has my "personalized, autographed Crocodile Hunter/Steve Irwin calendar" that a friend who worked on his show got for me. I loved his show and was so sad when I learned of his death!!) I have a couple of drawers below the counter/sink that house rubber stamps, extra adhesives and other less frequently used items.
Hope you enjoyed this little tour of my loft/office...and if you have any photos of your
space to share, I'd love to see them!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is GREAT. Thank you for sharing! Really like the layout and your space--that's SUPER awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great two page layout! Often I feel one of the few that still makes them! LOL. The tour of the office was great. I am glad that you realized that your drawer is a problem area. Figuring that stuff out now will help you later...nothing worse then spending the week organizing something, only to realize that it does not work in practice! Love the blog. Thanks for joining in the Organize your Stuff Challenge! (totally jealous that you can scuba dive...lol) -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your layout! love how you use two different color of cs--going to try that. great space to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty space!! I love the vaulted ceiling, and that desk is wonderfully big and spacious! You DO seem really organized already...but, if you're like me, you can ALWAYS find something to tweak!

    ReplyDelete